Food Pantry

Waxahachie Care has a select choice food pantry which allows our neighbors to choose what they need. The amount of food offered is the same for family. Quantities are determined by how much food we receive from our donors each day.  The food pantry serves those in need throughout Waxahachie,  Maypearl, Milford, Avalon, and Italy, following TEFAP guidelines for low income.  Anyone in Ellis County can come apply for assistance with Reliant Energy and Atmos Gas. 

Please review the guidelines and requirements below and bring the necessary papers in when you come for food or Utility Assistance. 


Meet TEXCAP Income Guidelines set by the State of Texas for over 60 years old to receive Commodities www.squaremeals.org


  Be in need or have an emergency situation


Actively trying to get a job for those that are able


Photo ID or driver's license, with current address


Proof of income for EVERYONE in the household.

  • 1 month of check stubs

  • Social Security letter (SSI, SSDI)

  • Retirement or Pension

  • VA Benefit

  • Child Support Income


Tax return for anyone 50 years old and younger


Medical information if this is a cause for your current situation


Unemployment information, including job loss information from your previous employer such as a letter stating you are no longer working.


Two forms from the list below that show proof of current residence.

  • Lease/rental agreement

  • Tax record

  • Auto insurance card


SNAP approval or denial


Names and dates of birth for EVERYONE in the household

Utilities Assistance
The average wait time is 2 to 4 weeks.

TXU Electricity: We service Waxahachie, Italy, Milford, Avalon, Bardwell and Maypearl School Districts.


Reliant Energy: We service all of Ellis County.


Atmos Gas: We service all of Ellis County.


Water: We service Waxahachie only as funds are available.


Documents Required: 

Proof of residence within our approved school districts.

Current paper utility bill, printed and ready for your appointment.

Current photo ID.

Current income, names and dates of birth of all in the household.

Show More
Other Ways We Can Help You

We partner with the following agencies and organizations to help our neighbors with the tools and resources to improve your quality of life and to become independent and self-sustaining.

North Texas Food Bank: There is a representative here the first Tuesday of every month to help you fill out SNAP papers and answer questions you may have to qualify for food stamps.

United Healthcare: Representatives are here the second Tuesday of every month to answer questions regarding health and supplement insurance. 

Hope Clinic: Once a month someone is available to help with Medicaid and other medical paperwork, questions, and assist in setting appointments. 

EOAC (Economic Opportunities Advancement Corporation): This community service offers a variety of assistance with small and large energy companies. A few times a year representatives will be available at CARE. Call the office to find out days and times. 

Haircuts by Kandis:

Volunteer Ellis County: Find your way to make a difference in our community. In addition to United Way of West Ellis County, volunteerelliscounty.org in partners with you, improves health, education and prosperity in our community!

Help Finder: Looking for additional resources? helpfinder.org can assist you in searching for free or reduced cost services to help transform your community.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 Additionally, program information is available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at USDA Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Discrimination Complaint Filing, or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by…

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(202) 690-7442



Contact Us
When We're Open

 Mail to: PO Box 371

Waxahachie, TX 75168

Location: 1208 Ferris Avenue

Waxahachie, TX

​Telephone : 972-923-2273

Fax :972-937-8740
Email : info@waxahachiecare.org

Monday-Thursday 9-noon

Friday, Saturday, Sunday


Like us on Facebook!
  • s-facebook

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Read the full USDA statement .